Ground Pork with Bone - BlueRidgeBeef
- Pork meat is very digestible
- It has a favorable amino acid profile
- It’s a cooling meat (this means good for dogs that have allergies)
- Pork fat has a balanced ratio of saturated and monounsaturated fats
- It’s high in linoleic acid
- And a great source of medium chain fatty acids
This product has a high fat content and when combined with high carbs in the diet (ex. kibble) pancreatitis can occur. This is the same for BRB Breeders Choice or any other mix that is high in fat.
Information about trichinosis:
Trichinosis in pork in the US has basically been irradicated. According to the CDC there were 16 cases reported (related to pork) from 2011-2015. Contamination risk is VERY LOW.
To kill the trichinella freeze pork that is less than 6 inches thick for 20 days at -15 degrees Centigrade, for 10 days at -23 Centigrade or six days at -30 degrees Centigrade. Most chest freezers stay around -18 degrees C. The freezers at BRB stay at -
Please click here for Nutritional Values
Contact Blue Ridge Beef if you need additional information about this product (UNPF's is a distributor not the manufacturer).